|The Bottom Billion: Why the Poorest Countries Are Failing and what Can Be Done About It|
By: Paul Collier
|Table of Contents|
Part I: What's the Issue?
A Personal Preface
1. Falling Behind and Falling Apart: The Bottom Billion
Part II: The Traps
2. The Conflict Trap
3. The Natural Resource Trap
4. Landlocked with Bad Neighbors
5. Bad Governance in a Small Country
Part III: An Interlude: Globalization to the Rescue
6. On Missing the Boat: The Marginalization of the Bottom Billion in the World Economy
Part IV: The Instruments
7. Aid to the Rescue?
8. Military Intervention
9. Laws and Charters
Part V: The Struggle for the Bottom Billion
11. An Agenda for Action
Research on Which This Book Is Based
The contents on this page are copyrighted. Unlawful use of this content, without prior permission of both the copyright owner and/or the owner of this site, is illegal and punishable by law.