|Understanding the Old Testament, Fourth Edition|
|Table of Contents|
Introduction: The Old Testament as the Story of a People.
I. THE CREATION OF A PEOPLE.
1. The Beginnings of Israel.
2. Liberation from Bondage.
3. Covenant in the Wilderness.
4. The Promised Land.
5. The Formation of an All-Israelite Epic.
6. The Struggle between Faith and Culture.
II. ISRAEL BECOMES LIKE THE NATIONS.
7. The Throne of David.
8. Prophetic Troublers of Israel.
9. Fallen Is the Virgin Israel.
10. Judah's Covenant with Death.
11. The Rediscovery of Mosaic Torah.
12. The Doom of the Nation.
III. THE COVENANT COMMUNITY IS RENEWED.
13. By the Waters of Babylon.
14. The Dawn of a New Age.
15. A Kingdom of Priests.
16. The Praises of Israel.
17. The Beginning of Wisdom.
18. The Unfulfilled Drama.
Comprehensive Chronological Chart.
The contents on this page are copyrighted. Unlawful use of this content, without prior permission of both the copyright owner and/or the owner of this site, is illegal and punishable by law.