|The Blackwell Companion to Postmodern Theology|
By: Graham Ward
|Table of Contents|
|List of Contributors. |
Introduction: "Where We Stand".
Part I: Aesthetics:.
1. Postmodern Theology as Cultural Analysis: Mieke Bal.
2. The Man Who Fell to Earth: Gerard Loughlin (University of Newcastle upon Tyne).
3. Communion and Conversation: Regina Schwartz (Northwestern University).
4. The Ends of Man and the Future of God: Janet Martin Soskice (University of Cambridge).
5. "Lush Life": Foucault's Analytics of Power and a Jazz Aesthetic: Sharon D. Welch (University of Missouri).
Part II: Ethics:.
6. The Midwinter Sacrifice: John Milbank (University of Virginia).
7. Postmodernity and Religious Plurality: Is a Common Global Ethic Possible or Desirable?: Gavin D'Costa (University of Bristol).
8. The Christian Difference, or Surviving Postmodernism: Stanley Hauerwas (Duke University).
9. Justice and Prudence: Principles of Order in the Platonic City: Catherine Pickstock (University of Cambridge).
10. Visiting Prisoners: William C. Placher (Wabash College, India).
11. Suffering and Incarnation: Graham Ward (University of Manchester).
12. Earth God: Cultivating the Spirit in an Ecocidal Culture: Mark I. Wallace (Swarthmore College).
Part III: Gender:.
13. An Ethics of Memory: Promising, Forgiving, Yearning: Pamela Sue Anderson (Regent's Park College, Oxford).
14. Is Macrina a Woman? Gregory of Nyssa's Dialogue on the Soul and Resurrection: Virginia Burrus (Drew University).
15. "They Will Know We are Christians by Our Regulated Improvisation": Ecclesial Hybridity and the Unity of the Church: Mary McClintock Fulkerson (Duke University).
16. On Changing the Imaginary: Grace M. Jantzen (University of Manchester).
17. Companionable Wisdoms: What Insights Might Feminist Theorists Gather from Feminist Theologians?: Serene Jones (Yale Divinity School).
Part IV: Hermeneutics:.
18. Shattering the Logos: Hermeneutics Between a Hammer and a Hard Place: Daniel Boyarin (University of California at Berkeley).
19. The Renewal of Jewish Theology Today: Under the Sign of Three: Peter Ochs (University of Virginia).
20. Intending Transcendence: Desiring God: Edith Wyschogrod (Rice University).
Part V: Phenomenology:.
21. Transfiguring God: Richard Kearney (University College).
22. Presence and Parousia: Jean-Yves Lacoste.
23. The Formal Reason for the Infinite: Jean-Luc Marion (University of Paris, Sorbonne).
24. Religions as Conventions: Joseph S. O'Leary (Sophia University, Japan).
Part VI: Heideggerians:.
25. The Self-Saving of God: Thomas J. J. Altizer (State University of New York).
26. The Subject of Prayer: Unwilling Words in the Postmodern Access to God: Laurence PaulHemming (University of London).
27. The Christian Message and the Dissolution of Metaphysics: Gianni Vattimo (University of Turin).
Part VII: Derrideans:.
28. The Poetics of the Impossible and the Kingdom of God: John D. Caputo (Villanova University).
29. Anti-Discrimination: Don Cupitt (Emmanuel College, Cambridge).
30. Is There a Postmodern Gospel?: Walter Lowe (Emory University).
31. Indian Territory: Postmodernism Under the Sign of the Body: Carl Raschke (University of Denver).
The contents on this page are copyrighted. Unlawful use of this content, without prior permission of both the copyright owner and/or the owner of this site, is illegal and punishable by law.