|The Counter Reformation:|
Edited By: David Luebke
By: David Martin
|Table of Contents|
Part I: Definitions: .
1. Catholic Reformation or Counter-Reformation?: HubertJudin.
2. Counter-Reformation Spirituality: H. Outram Evennett.
3. Was Ignatius Loyola a Church Reformer? How to Look at EarlyModern Catholicism: John W. O'Malley.
Part II: Outcomes:.
4. The Counter-Reformation and the People of Catholic Europe:John Bossy.
5. Reformation, Counter-Reformation, and the Early Modern State:A Reassessment: Wolfgang Reinhard.
6. How to Become a Counter-Reformation Saint: Peter Burke.
7. Little Women: Counter-Reformation Misogyny: Alison Weber.
8. The Thirty Years' War and the Failure of Catholicization:Marc R. Forster.
9. 'The Heart Has Its Reasons': Predicaments of MissionaryChristianity in Early Colonial Peru: Sabine MacCormack.
The contents on this page are copyrighted. Unlawful use of this content, without prior permission of both the copyright owner and/or the owner of this site, is illegal and punishable by law.