|The Portable Ethicist for Mental Health Professionals: A Complete Guide to Responsible Practice: With HIPPA|
|Table of Contents|
Part I: Client Issues.
1. Alternative Treatment Methods.
2. Boundary Violations.
4. Dangerous Clients.
6. False and Misleading Statements.
7. Informed Consent.
9. Prohibited Clients.
10. Risky Clients.
11. Repressed and Recovered Memory.
12. Sexual Misconduct.
13. Terminating Therapy.
Part II: Ethics Codes and Licensing.
14. Areas of Ethical Complaints.
15. Ethics Codes as Evidence.
16. Licensing Board Procedures.
17. Office of Civil Rights.
18. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
19. Reporting Statutes and Obligations.
Part III: Practice Considerations.
21. Establishing a Practice.
22. Closing or Interrupting a Practice.
23. Kickbacks, Bartering, Fees, and Gifts.
24. Malpractice Insurance.
25. Record Keeping.
Part IV: Professional Issues.
26. Drug and Alcohol Use, Impairment.
27. Duty to Warn.
28. Interprofessional Issues.
29. Professional Vulnerability.
Part V: Special Therapy Considerations.
31. Forensic Evaluation.
32. Group Therapy.
33. Don't Do Dumb Stuff.
Epilogue: Ethics in the Twenty-First Century.
Appendix A: Mental Health Professional Organizations.
Appendix B: Allied Healthcare Providers Professional and Supplemental Liability Insurance Policy.
Appendix C: Social Workers Professional Liability Claims-Made Policy.
Appendix D: Sample Jurisprudence Exam Questions.
References and Reading Material.
The contents on this page are copyrighted. Unlawful use of this content, without prior permission of both the copyright owner and/or the owner of this site, is illegal and punishable by law.