Stop managing your sin and start experiencing freedom in Christ. The so-called "seven deadly sins" - lust, greed, envy, sloth, pride, gluttony, wrath - are not merely things we "do" with our behavior, but as Jesus reveals, conditions of our heart. Even if we don't act on them, we carry these desires around with us every day. How does the gospel address the needs at the root of these sins and empower us to break patterns of bondage to them?
The Seven Daily Sins is a 7-session study that reveals from Scripture how Christians can stop managing their sin and start experiencing freedom in Christ. The Leader Kit Includes the Bible Study, a leader guide, five discussion-sparking videos, and a playlist to accompany the study.
Publication Date: 2012
Dimensions: 9.7 X 6.5 X .67 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Seven Daily Sins: How the Gospel Redeems Our Deepest Desires, Member BookJared WilsonLifeway / 2012 / Trade Paperback$11.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW872410
Sinning Like a Christian: A New Look at the Seven Deadly SinsWilliam H. WillimonAbingdon Press / 2013 / Trade Paperback$11.49 Retail:
$14.99Save 23% ($3.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW758231
About the Author
Jared C. Wilson is the author of Your Jesus is Too Safe: Outgrowing a Drive-Thru, Feel-Good Savior, as well as articles and essays appearing in numerous publications. He is the pastor of Middletown Church in Middletown Springs, Vermont, where he lives with his wife and two daughters.
- Pride: The Root Sin of All Sin
- 160 page 6"x9" Member Book
- Thought-provoking questions good for personal reflection or group discussion
- Handles tough topics often shied away from and views them through the lens of grace and freedom
- Challenges readers to examine their patterns and desires and be inspired to subvert those desires with a renewed affection for Jesus
- Takes a gospel transformation, rather than behavioral modification, approach to our sin