Buy Download $7.99 Retail:
Save 43% ($6.00)
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Find a fresh take on leading small groups from two women who have collaborated to bring together their experiences in small group ministry from their Denver-area church. Rather than offer programs or lists of things to do, they seek to develop the skills of small group facilitation in the reader.
|Format: PDF Download|
Vendor: IVP Connect
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
Do small groups really work?If you've led or even been part of a small group, the experience can be frustrating. How do you juggle priorities and personalities? How can you tell what individuals want or need from the group? And how do you even get people to clear an hour in their schedule to show up? What's meant to bring life can become dry, stale and ineffective.Tara Miller and Jenn Peppers, experienced small-group facilitators and trainers, have observed and had the same questions and frustrations. But they've also experienced the power small groups have to help people heal, to allow individuals to wrestle with questions, to create a space where people know and are known by others, and to open people up to encounter God more deeply. So in these pages, Miller and Peppers passionately offer help and hope for your small group, so that you can encounter God in new and deeper ways together.Their honest, nonprogrammatic guide
- provides exercises and reflection questions throughout and at the end of each chapter to help you process the material and then actually work it into your group
- includes many real-life stories from the authors' wide-ranging experience with small groups
- points out common obstacles that keep leaders from being able to follow the Spirit effectively--and ways you can avoid or overcome them
- equips you with skills that will draw people toward Christ in authentic ways
Be the first to write a review!