- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
CBDReader App for iPod/iPad/iPhone
Using your iPad, you can download the CBDReader App directly from Apple's App Store.
Open the App Store, type 'CBDReader' into the search bar and press 'Search'.
Click 'install' on the CBDReader app or click the name to view more details.
You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID Password.
When the app is finished downloading, the CBDReader icon will appear on your homescreen.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
In ReJesus, Frost & Hirsch examine the practice of everyday Christian spirituality and ultimately ask if what we practice today is what Jesus passed down to his first century followers. The authors note that many institutionalized forms of Christianity have traded the radical way of Jesus for the stability of outward religious expression. Frost & Hirsch issue a call to the church, therefore, to refocus its spiritual practice upon the true author and Foundation of our faith.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Books
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
• What ongoing role does Jesus the Messiah play in shaping the ethos and self understanding of the movement that originated in him?
• How is the Christian religion informed and shaped by the Jesus that we meet in the Gospels?
• How do we assess the continuity required between the life and example of Jesus and the subsequent religion called Christianity?
• In how many ways do we domesticate the radical revolutionary in order to sustain our religion and religiosity?
• How can a rediscovery of Jesus renew our discipleship, the Christian community, and the ongoing mission of the church?
These questions take us to the core of what the church is all about. Rather than reformation, the authors call their task re-founding the church because it raises the issue of the church's true Founder or Foundation. This theme is of particular importance at the dawn of the twenty-first century as many attempt to address Christianity's endemic and long trended decline in the West. The authors feel that a spiritual, theological, missional, and existential crisis looms in the West.
Tamara Hutsell5 Stars Out Of 5Real. Accurate.February 2, 2015Tamara HutsellQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I just got this book in the mail...was not able to put it down. These are the words that the church needs to hear. This book is a call to return to the centrality of Jesus Christ in our lives and our church. There is a great deal to take in this book, even if you aren't the overly scholarly type. This would make an excellent resource for a church looking to revitalize their ministries, for a group who is evaluating their church health and looking to grow healthy disciples of Jesus.
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Evangelism
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Evangelism
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Start A New Search