Owly & Wormy, Bright Lights and Starry Nights - eBook
Email me when this product is available.
- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
CBDReader App for Kindle Fire
Tap the status bar on the top right to access "Settings".
Click on "More".
Turn ON the option to "Allow Installation of Apps From Unknown Sources". For security reasons, you should turn this option OFF after installation.
Navigate to this page while on your Kindle Fire and click here to download the 'CBDReader.apk' file.
After download is complete, tap on the left side of the status bar to open the Notification screen.
Select the CBDReader.apk file to install upated app.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Atheneum Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: This product will be released on 03/25/14
Email me when this product is available.
Owly and Wormy want to see the stars! So they gather their telescope and their lantern and head out into the dark night, all the way to the edge of their branch. Try as they might, though, they can only see leaves…and branches…and more leaves.
But these two friends are not about to let a little obstacle like foliage stop them. Armed with camping gear, galoshes—and their wits, of course!—Owly and Wormy set out once again. And this time there are even bigger challenges to face. Whats that screee sound? Whats that click click clicking noise? And what has happened to their telescope?!
Owly and Wormy find plenty to be frightened of, but with a little bravery, they also find there are nearly as many helpful new friends on the horizon as there are stars in the sky. This wordless picture book conveys a nuanced narrative with charming illustrations that will appeal to even the earliest readers.
Discovering that their view of the sky has been blocked by tree leaves, Owly and his little vermiform housemate march out to set up their new telescope on a woodland hilltop. When heavy rains drive them into a cave that night, and eerie "Clickety skreeeeeeeee" noises send them scrambling back out, the telescope goes missing. This prompts Owly to screw his courage to the sticking place, leave his shivering buddy behind and set off on a search. As in Owlys previous picture-book (Friends All Aflutter, 2011) and graphic-novel appearances, the tale is told in big, easy-to-grasp sequential cartoons, with wordless pictures and signs in balloons creating a nonverbal language that serves just fine in place of narration or dialogue. Owly returns in triumph with not only the telescope, but a set of friendly bats to explain the scary sound effects. In a final bit of both plot and emotional resolution, Wormys fear of the dark is transformed to delight as the camps candle is blown out, and the seemingly empty skies overhead suddenly blaze with stars.
Young readers and pre-readers alike will respond strongly to the tales elemental drama and clearly defined emotional arc."
--Kirkus Reviews, September 15, 2012 *STAR
Find Related Products
- Children >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships
- Children >> Children's Books >> Fiction >> Animal Stories
- Children >> Children's Books >> Fiction >> Beginning Readers
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Friendship/Relationships
- Download >> Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Character & Social Skills
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Children
- Fiction >> Children >> Animal Stories
- Fiction >> Children >> Beginning Readers
- Pre-Order >> Children
- Pre-Order >> Download
- Pre-Order >> Fiction
- eBooks >> Children >> Character & Social Skills
- eBooks >> Children >> Fiction
- eBooks >> Children >> Picture Books
- eBooks >> Fiction >> Children >> Animal Stories
- eBooks >> Fiction >> Children >> Beginning Readers
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search