CBDReader for Desktop
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your desktop computer, visit cbdreader.christianbook.com.
Log in with your CBD account and enjoy your eBook.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
- Provides coverage of the Presocratics through the Hellenistic philosophers
- Moves beyond traditional textbooks that conclude with Aristotle
- A uniquely balanced organization of exposition, choice excerpts and commentary, informed by classroom feedback
- Contextual commentary traces the development of lines of thought through the period, ideal for students new to the discipline
- Can be used in conjunction with the online resources found at http://tomblackson.com/Ancient/toc.html
“Thomas Blackson’s Ancient Greek Philosophy is an introductory-level overview of philosophy from the Presocratic through the Hellenistic periods. It would serve as an ideal companion for a Survey of Ancient Philosophy course. B.’s prose is lucid and accessible, his interpretations of many of the texts are compelling and interlace nicely, and he provides informative footnotes and annotations. This is a very useful book.” (Classical Review, 2012)
“Recommended. Lower-and upper-level undergraduates.” (Choice, 1 May 2012)"I should conclude by reiterating that I enjoyed and benefited from following Blackson's attempts to trace some continuities of interest and debate in the principal ancient philosophers." (Bmcreview, 12 October 2011)