- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Publication Date: 2010
Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Being Countercultural: Our Posture in a Changing Society Pack, Participant's Guide & DVDGabe LyonsZondervan / 2011 / Other$26.99 Retail:
$36.99Save 27% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW892083
Engaging Post-Christian Culture: Our Mission in a New Context Pack, Participant's Guide and DVDNorton Herbst & Gabe LyonsZondervan / 2010 / Other$16.29 Retail:
$36.99Save 56% ($20.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW89204X
Whole Gospel Pack: Revisiting Our Message to the World Pack, Participant's Guide and DVDNorton Herbst, Gabe LyonsZondervan / 2010 / Other$26.99 Retail:
$36.99Save 27% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW892037
Staying Grounded In a Shifting World: Rediscovering the Practices of our Faith Pack, Participant's Guide & DVDGabe LyonsZondervan / 2011 / Other$26.99 Retail:
$36.99Save 27% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW892069
Through this six-session small group bible study, Justice for the Poor, Jim Wallis and Sojourners teaches you to connect biblical faith with contemporary responses to poverty, both in your neighborhood and around the world.
According to Wallis, "When the wealthy are dying from diseases of overabundance and the poor are dying from inadequate health care, poor diets, and stress-related illnesses, there is spiritual disease in society.
Justice for the Poor recaptures the biblical vision that links poverty with justice. Jesus life and teaching shows a deep compassion toward the poor and marginalized. His messages often highlight the injustices shown to the poor and the prejudices the well-off have against them. How can we learn from the poor? What is our responsibility to care for the poor and to advocate for justice on their behalf?
Jim Wallis and Sojourners, in this six-session Participant Guide and companion DVD, will engage your small group to take action!
1. Burger King Mom: Being Poor in America
2. Is There Something Wrong With the Prosperity Gospel?
3. At the Corner of Church and State: Whats the Proper Role of Each in Caring for the Poor?
4. The Gospel According to New Orleans
5. Outside the Gate: The Poor and the Global Economy 6. Beyond Serial Charity to a Just Society "
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Video Curriculum >> Christian Life
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Video Curriculum
- DVDs >> Church & Pastoral
- DVDs >> Video Curriculum >> Small Group Resources >> Christian Life
- Start A New Search