- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
CBDReader App for Kindle Fire
Tap the status bar on the top right to access "Settings".
Click on "More".
Turn ON the option to "Allow Installation of Apps From Unknown Sources". For security reasons, you should turn this option OFF after installation.
Navigate to this page while on your Kindle Fire and click here to download the 'CBDReader.apk' file.
After download is complete, tap on the left side of the status bar to open the Notification screen.
Select the CBDReader.apk file to install upated app.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
A Cry For Justice: How the Evil of Domestic Abuse Hides in Your Church!Jeff Crippen, Anna WoodCalvary Press / 2012 / Trade Paperback$15.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$21.99Save 27% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW737914
Married...But Lonely: Stop merely existing. Start living intimately. - eBookDavid E. Clarke Ph.D.Siloam / 2013 / ePub$9.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$15.99Save 38% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW35498EB
Connected: Curing the Pandemic of Everyone Feeling Alone Together - eBookErin DavisB&H Books / 2014 / ePub$9.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW65884EB
I Am a Church Member: Discovering the Attitude that Makes the DifferenceThom S. RainerB&H Books / 2013 / Hardcover$5.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 43 Reviews
$12.99Save 54% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW679735Video
(1) abuse is far more rampant than most Christians realize, but due to human depravity and satanic influence, widespread abuse is predicable.
(2) All types of abuse create profound, long-term soul damage due to the way abuse perverts various aspects of the image of God.
(3) God is the healing redeemer. Human salvation came through horrible physical abuse.
(4) Healing must take place in the context of relationships. Humans are deeply impacted by others due to being made in the image of God. Just as surely as abusive relationships have tremendous power to wound the soul, so healthy relationships have tremendous power to nurture and heal the soul.
Questions answered in the book include:
- How can a genuine believer abuse a child?
- Why would someone abuse a child?
- How can parents and children's workers identify abusers?
- How can abuse victims heal?
- What does genuine healing look like?
- Is anger appropriate or hurtful for abuse victims?
- Where does forgiveness fit in?
This book also offers the reader a helpful sample child protection policy including application, screening interview, and warning signs of potential abusers to equip ministry leaders. Illustrations, case studies, and art therapy drawings further flesh out this important topic.
still a child5 Stars Out Of 5June 28, 2011still a childQuality: 5Meets Expectations: 5this book is very informative and well written. I am really glad I got it and intend on passing it on. Healing is a long process...
dee5 Stars Out Of 5February 3, 2010deeI'm an adult Christian and have been in recovery 2 1/2 years for emotional, physical and sexual abuse that happened to me as a child. I want you to know this book has been right on the mark in how I had been feeling and has helped me understand why I was the way I was. It also gave me more info. to work with so I could continue my recovery. EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT book! I'd buy this book for all those who have suffered from abuses if I could. Thank you for playing a part in helping mending my soul. dee, God Bless You!
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Abuse
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Pain & Suffering
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Start A New Search