Publication Date: 1994
Dimensions: 6 1/4 X 9 1/2 (inches)
Availability: Expected to ship on or about 12/14/14.
Email me when this product is available.
Leading To Easter: Sermons And Worship ResourcesCSS Publishing / 2003 / Trade Paperback$11.66 Retail:
$12.95Save 10% ($1.29)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW19317
A worship that will have staying power is a worship that is firmly grounded in the old, yet aware of and concerned for new ways to respond to the old, old story. In the first edition of Worship Old and New, Robert E. Webber introduced an approach to worship that blended historical and traditional practices with contemporary elements. Since then, the spreading fires of worship renewal have provided opportunity for fresh consideration. This significantly revised edition is the result of Webbers interaction with current worship trends. It is intended to be used both in the classroom and by those who want to improve worship in the local church. Reformatted for an easier, logical approach to worship theology, this revised edition of Worship Old and New is divided into four major sections, addressing the biblical foundation of worship, its theology, its history, and its practice. New information has been incorporated into each section to give the reader a better grasp of the biblical themes of worship, a deeper understanding of Old Testament customs, and a solid grounding in modern-day renewal movements. Especially significant is a reexamination of the actual practice of worship that goes beyond the merely academic to provide a practical perspective through the eyes of the worship leader and worshipers. Well-versed in the best of both past and present, Worship Old and New is a scholarly, up-to-date, and thought-provoking resource for those serious about exploring worship.
Jeremy Schmucker3 Stars Out Of 5August 22, 2009Jeremy Schmucker60% of the book was very thought provoking, and the other 40% put me to sleep. It's very easy to skim and skip over sections, and even chapters that aren't intesting. If you find it cheap ($5) it would probably be worth it.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Purple Book: Biblical Foundations for Building Strong DisciplesRice Broocks, Steve MurrellZondervan / 2006 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 13 Reviews
$7.99Save 25% ($2.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW936004
The New Testament: A Historical and Theological IntroductionDonald A. HagnerBaker Academic / 2012 / Hardcover$32.99 Retail:
$49.99Save 34% ($17.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW039317
|Email me when this product is available.|