- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Ancient Manuscripts
- Author's Translation
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- LBLA-Las Americas
- NAB-New American Bible
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NCV-New Century Version
- NET-New English Translation
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RSV-Revised Standard Version
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
ChristianBook eBooks on nook
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your nook device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Plug your nook into the computer and open Adobe Digital Editions.
If this is your first time plugging your nook into ADE, you will need to authorize your nook in order add eBooks.
Once plugged in, your nook will be displayed in the left column of Adobe Digital Editions under the Bookshelves.
When you've chose an eBook that you wish to add to your nook, click and drag the eBook over the nook icon and let go when you see the green plus symbol.
After you've added your eBooks to your nook, you can unplug the device from your computer and access your Library.
To access your Christianbook.com licensed eBooks, first click the orange "My Library" button on the nook home screen to access your eBooks.
Next, click on "View My Documents" at the bottom of your nook's navigation screen.
Use the arrows to browse and then click the circle on the right side to select your eBook.
You are now ready to enjoy your eBook!
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Men—redeem your God-given passions, drives, and purposes so you can live out your faith. Manual speaks to you honestly and straightforwardly about your role as a Christian in the face of a culture that actively works against God’s will and God’s way.
- 100 “Myth” articles—A common, accepted myth from the world is followed by the first-person story of a man who struggled with the lie and how it affected his life. The article concludes with principles from God’s Word that debunk the myth.
- 50 factoid profiles about select men of the Bible—Must know, interesting facts about men of the Bible, written in a creative, edgy style. Each profile highlights how God used this man despite his failings.
- 200 “Downshift” notes—Penetrating questions for personal reflection or small-group study. The questions are tied to Scripture and send the reader to the index for information on each topic.
- 200 “Knowing God” call-outs—A short note that highlights an attribute of God as shown or taught in Scripture and teaches that knowing the character of God can help men redeem the way they live.
- 300 “At Issue” notes—Short teaching notes on life topics such as money, sex, or pride, that are linked topically.
- Book introductions—Magazine-style book introductions that hook the reader with headlines and entice him to read the book.
- Topical index—A clear, complete, thorough topical index that unifies all the features and makes this Bible very accessible.
- Back matter articles—Practical articles help men further their study.
- A unique, two-color interior design sets this Bible apart.
- Single-column Bible text for ease of reading.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Text Layout: Single Column
Manual: The Bible for Men helps you to see yourself as God sees you and motivates you to redeem your God-given passions, drives, and purposes so you can live out your faith. Myth articles refute societys myths with the truth of Gods Word; Factoid Profiles reveal must-know, interesting facts about selected men of the Bible whom God used despite their failings; Downshift notes ask penetrating questions to reflect on, either alone or with a friend or mentor; Knowing God callouts highlight the attributes of God as shown in Scripture and what they reveal about your identity as a man; At Issues notes discuss important life topics such as money, sex, and pride; and book introductions, a topical index, and articles on relevant topics make this Bible a helpful tool for you or any man. NIV ©2011. The New International Version (NIV) translation of the Bible is the worlds most popular modern-English Bibleeasy to understand, yet rich with the detail found in the original languages.
D3n3rNew ZealandAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5August 19, 2013D3n3rNew ZealandAge: 25-34Gender: maleI recently purchased it so I'm in the beginning of journey, but I can say that I'm satisfied with all the notes it has. For men, a must have bible.
Deborah Compton5 Stars Out Of 5This bible has a lot of great features.June 30, 2013Deborah ComptonQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I gave this bible to my husband for Father's Day. One of the features we both like is the historical date reference/date line. The downshift and at-issue, posing questions, then pointing to scripture for help; and exposing the truth through the myths feature is so needful and such a blessing. So much to explore and learn. He's enjoying it and so am I. Thanks.
ChurchladyFair Lawn, NJAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5The TruthApril 26, 2013ChurchladyFair Lawn, NJAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This was purchased as a gift from the church to a new believer who joined the church membership. He said he was enjoying it very much. Personally, I think it was a proper gift for this occassion.
SharaWinnipeg,mbAge: 25-34Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Looks great!March 15, 2013SharaWinnipeg,mbAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Bought for my husband for valentines day. We both love the layout and the overall feel of the bible. The headlines for each book is a great way to draw someone in. It's just an over great bible :)
Brinca Jo HunterMedina, OHAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5GiftJuly 11, 2012Brinca Jo HunterMedina, OHAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Just what was needed for a gift for a dear friend.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Story, NIV: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People - eBookZondervan / 2011 / ePub$12.994.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW15265EB