1. How did you feel when you realized Elizabeth Baxter’s cancer had come back? Explain.
2. Describe a time when you received bad news. How did you handle that news?
3. Describe how Elizabeth and John handled the news of her cancer. How did that response change as her disease progressed?
4. What emotional process did Erin and Sam go through as they yearned for a child, and then experienced a failed adoption?
5. Have you ever adopted or do you know someone who has? Why is it wonderful that certain women and girls put their babies up for adoption?
6. Describe the blessing of an adopted child. What are some of the issues that can make adoption both a source of joy and sorrow?
7. How did God lead Erin and Sam through the process of loss and unknown circumstances? What specifically did they do or decide to do that brought them peace and miraculous changes in their situation?
8. John Baxter has been strong through most of the Redemption series. Explain why he was afraid in The Reunion.”
9. Have you or has someone you know ever grown fearful after being strong, after having an unshakable faith? How did this person deal with this fear?
10. How did John Baxter deal with his fear? How did his emotions and attitude change as Elizabeth’s disease progressed?
11. Elizabeth prayed for a miracle healing; instead God gave her a series of other miracles. Explain these.
12. Describe what you think a miracle is. Do miracles still happen today?
13. Tell about a miracle that happened in your life. Did you recognize it as a miracle at the time?
14. Ashley has loved Landon Blake for years, but things between them never seemed to work out until Reunion. Describe the highs and lows of their relationship.
15. Have you ever experienced a relationship or a situation where the process of growing closer and more serious took far longer than you expected? Tell about that time and how God led you through it.
16. Dayne Matthews has everything the world tells us is important: good looks, fame, and fortune. Why wasn’t Dayne happy?
17. Is there someone in your life who is feeling empty about life? Why do you think they feel this way? What can you do to help that person know God’s truth better?
18. Have you or has someone you know lost a parent recently? Describe the feelings you or that person went through during the process and afterwards. What hope does God give us in this situation?
19. Describe a favorite moment from a family reunion. If you can’t tell about one, maybe it’s time to get out a calendar and plan one.
20. What are the greatest lessons you learned from Reunion? Explain what Elizabeth meant in her letter when she said that redemption was the family’s theme.