In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you, says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:12,13
1. What do these verses promise? What are the conditions?
2. Compare Deborah and Gideon in light of these verses. How are they alike, how are they different?
3. What drove Deborah to seek God? At what point did she begin to earnestly seek to live in the light of God's word rather than in the shadows of fear and self?
4. How did other Christians help Deborah and Gideon to earnestly seek the Lord? What were some of the immediate changes and what changes took time?
5. Do you earnestly seek God in all that you do? What changes need to be made in your life in order to come out of the shadows of fear and self? How has God changed you?
God is light and there is no darkness in him at all. So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness. We are not living in the truth. But if we are living in the light of God's presence, just as Christ is, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son , cleanse us from every sin. I John 1:5-7
1. What do you learn about God's character from this passage? What does He offer you and what are the conditions?
Here is a suggested prayer from all the verses to offer back to God. Or, use the space to write out your own response to these verses.
Lord help me desire to walk in your light and not linger in the shadows of fear and disobedience.
Help me not defend my excuses and fears for ignoring you and your word.
May I long for your plans and choose to trust in who you are and what you have done for me instead of myself.
I confess my fears, excuses and controlling behavior are sins - they miss the mark (plans) you have for me.
Thank you Jesus that you died for me and have cleansed me from every sin.
I choose faith over fear, your plans over mine.
I choose to live in your light and not linger in the shadows.
May God bless you as you uncover the fear and shadows in your life. May you release them in faith to Him and walk in His light .