1. The world seems to be conspiring to get Starr to realize she’s stubborn--she’s getting it from all sides. Has this ever happened to you regarding one of your less admirable traits?
2. Evelyn can’t seem to tell Herb the truth about her lack of feelings for him, plus she wants to hold onto him just in case Wayne doesn’t work out. Name a time you’ve hedged your bet. Did it work out as you hoped?
1. Margaret and Evelyn share their disappointments regarding love. “God never wastes a hurt.” How so? Give an example from your own life.
1. Lucinda is desperate to look younger, grabbing onto every “magic serum”. What miracle cures have you tried and what were the results? Is there such a thing?
2. The ladies of Peerbaugh Place feel that something isn’t right about Bobby’s sudden return into Margaret’s life. What do you think about women’s intuition?
1. God hates gossip and warns against it because of the very situation in Peerbaugh Place: gossip hurts. When has gossip hurt you? When has your gossip hurt another?
1. Lucinda is humiliated at her high school reunion. Nothing turns out as she envisioned. Why do you think this often happens at reunions?
2. A drunk, groping man enters an elevator with you. It's just you and him. What do you do?
1. On the night of the reunion God provided Lucinda with two men who saved her, encouraged her, and had a lasting impact on her life. Who has God sent to save you?
1. Lucinda made sure LeJames received a thank you for his good deed, and she also told someone in charge. When was the last time you did this? When should you have done it, but didn’t?
2. Collier gets Mae to slow down and not make things worse with Starr. Do you have a tendency to forge ahead when you shouldn’t? Or are you the one who helps others restrain themselves?
1. LeJames tells Lucinda in his note: “I can’t make you feel safe forever. No one can . . . Only God can do that. With Him you’ll never be alone or lonely. And He’s available to you any time of day. Any where.” Name a time God was with you when no one else was.