1. Titus suffered from a lack of confidence. What are some reasons a person may lack confidence, and what are some ways he or she can overcome it?
2. What are some things we can do to help a friend or relative who has a lack of confidence?
3. Titus left home because his girlfriend broke up with him and also because he felt he needed to prove himself to his family. Is there ever a time when it’s necessary for a person to leave home in order to recover from a broken relationship or to prove themselves?
4. Titus felt inferior to his twin brother, who always seemed to know what he wanted and was able to do everything right. What can a parent do to help their children feel equally important within the family? How can an adult child overcome a feeling of inferiority and stop comparing himself to his siblings?
5. Suzanne also felt inferior and lacked self-confidence when it came to cooking. One of the reasons for this was because her mother was too impatient and made Suzanne feel as if she was incapable. What are some ways a mother can help her daughter become self-sufficient in the kitchen and other areas of life?
6. Titus’s mother, Fannie, had a difficult time adjusting to the idea of Titus leaving home. How can a grown child who leaves home make it easier for his or her parents to accept and deal with his or her absence?