1. Cade was gone for fifteen years. In what ways—other than age, does that length of time change a person?
2. Zoe wants and loves Addy’s children, but Cade feels his sister’s children deserve a home with both
mother and father. In today’s society, we see single parents nurturing children in a fine way. Does Cade
have a valid point? Can a father provide what a mother cannot?
3. Have you lived in a town similar to Winterborn? How does the town’s colorful characters compare with
4. Is there a way to truly put your past behind you?
5. Do you know a man or woman like Sawyer Gayford,a soul who craves recognition? Is this an inborn
trait that we all experience? God tells us to be humble but how hard is that to practice on a daily basis?
6. Cade Colby is a bounty hunter. He kills for money. If Cade were wearing a Marshall’s badge he would
be respected and a hero for bringing in the vile and miscreants. Why does a badge make a marshal a hero,
and the lack of one make Cade Kolby a ruthless killer?
7. Do you believe that God has one specific mate for us? How do we find that mate? Talk about
some Biblical guidelines in our quest to find that person in today’s harried world. And does everyone
8. Jeremiah 3:22 tells us “Return, you backsliding children, And I will heal your backslidings.”
(NKJ) Have you ever made choices you feel God won’t forgive? Or rather are they choices you
9. Would you say that Cade had admirable reasons to choose his profession? Can you name a
few good things that came out of his choice?
10. Cade and Zoe chose to remain in Winterborn with a new name and a new start. Would the
community you live in be as accepting of your past as the folks in Winterborn were of Cade’s?
Thoughts and observations?
11. Each of you will take away a different meaning to this story. Is it the Prodigal Son returns?
God can forgive all things? Love thy neighbor as thy self? Share what makes this book memorable