Please tell us a bit about yourself.
Basically, I was just a kid who loved to read. I had a voracious appetite for books, and it was not unusual for my mother to catch me reading at two or three in the morning…on a school night! Since that got me into trouble, I took to reading with a small nightlight under the covers. My poor eyes! I’m surprised I can still see.
Anyway, fast forward twenty…um…thirty years, and that love of reading changed into a love of writing. I still daydream characters in my head, but now, that transfers onto paper.
And now, since I think it’s always fun to share secrets about oneself, here are five facts readers might not know about me:
1. I am an avid football fan (Go Steelers!!). When I’m not cheering on my team, I’m thinking about cheering on my team.
2. My kids call me a computer geek wannabe. I’m not good enough with techie stuff to actually do anything…just good enough to get in trouble.
3. In high school, people called me a Drama Queen, but not because I was emotional and erratic. It was because I loved everything involving the theater.
4. My dachshunds get me. They really, really get me.
5. I married the sweetest, most romantic, loving man in the world. He tells me so all the time.
What is your favorite Bible verse? (Translation too, please) Why?
I always smile when I’m asked this, because my answer puzzles people. It’s Habakkuk 2:2-3. Are you scratching your head yet? Let me clarify…
Habakkuk 2:2-3 (NKJV) says this: Then the LORD answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
At a time when I was really questioning whether or not I was called to write, God gave me these verses. I’ve clung to them ever since, and I sign all of my books with them, mainly as a reminder to myself that I’m doing what God called me to do.