1. One of the first things we try to do as a Christian is to examine the idea of self-sacrifice. It goes against our nature as humans to put someone else above ourselves. Why do you think Lucy was good at this? Is it something innate or was it something she learned?
2. Did you identify with Lucy’s insecurity? Why or why not?
3. What are ways we try to prove our self worth to ourselves and to others? Where is our true self worth found?
4. All families face strife from time to time, just as Nate and Roger did. What are some ways to handle strife in a biblical way?
5. Nate was hurt when he realized Lucy didn’t trust him enough to bring her worries to him. Is deceit ever warranted?
6. The Bible talks quite a lot about money and how an unhealthy attachment to it can affect our lives. Greed can be more than just the desire for money. What other desires can we humans be greedy for?
7. Did you identify with Lucy’s desire to be a blessing to her husband? Why or why not?
8. Lucy’s desire for control was an illustration of what I’ve been going through myself. How about you? Are you able to turn things over to God or do you continually try to fix things?