1. Jillian has been running scared for ten years. The death of her friend and coworker is the catalyst that sends her home to catch a killer. She’s come to the
conclusion that the only way she can be truly free is if she faces her fears. Have you ever had to face your fears in order to be free of them? If so, give an
2. What do you think about Jillian’s reluctance to come forward ten years ago about what she saw? Do you think she would have been killed or do you think the truth
would have come out and she could have avoided ten years of running?
3. When Colton comes face-to-face with the girl he never stopped loving, his first action was to protect her, his second to demand answers. What were your first
impressions of Colton?
4. Jillian has kept Meg a secret for ten years. Do you think she did the right thing in not telling Colton about her? Was she really protecting her child—or herself? Or
5. What did you think about Jillian’s actions in getting rid of her disguise and showing up at the hotel to warn Colton? Did you think she was careless or desperate?
6. Colton has issues with his family and their expectations of him. He rebelled as a young man and went his own way. Have you ever had expectations placed on
you and you had to make a hard choice about whether to try to live up to them or just do your own thing? What were the consequences?
7. Colton is fiercely loyal to his uncle Frank and is furious that Jillian is trying to prove he’s a murderer. And then the evidence starts to mount against the man
and Colton is devastated. What did you think of his reaction? His confronting his uncle about the past? What would you have done in Colton’s situation?
8. Jillian’s faith in God developed after she moved in with the Wyatts. Blake and his wife were Jillian’s “Jesus with skin on.” They took care of her physical needs,
providing a place to live and help with her baby. Their acts of service brought Jillian to know Christ. As her faith grew, so did her determination to do the right
thing. Have you ever experienced anything like this? If you’re a Christian, who was instrumental in bringing you to know the Lord?