1. Angel was bought and sold on numerous occasions. What was different about Michael’s redeeming her? Discuss the role of trust (or lack of trust) in Angel.
2. When Michael and Angel help the Altman family, what did Angel learn about Michael? Herself? God?
3. Describe the changes in actions and thinking that took place after Angel was rescued a second time by Michael. What do you think caused the changes?
4. What trust issues do you have? Who has God placed in your life as positive examples?
5. When Angel experienced rejection and betrayal, was God calling her? What good was He working in her life?
6. Which scene do you feel best shows how Angel was resigned to relying on no one but herself? What events caused her to do so? Why do you think she never cried out to God?
7. Describe Miriam’s relationship with God. Why were her attitudes and beliefs so different from Angel’s?
8. Who helped Michael escape his past? In what ways was he rescued?
9. Contrast Hosea with the slave dealer Duke.
10. Why do you think Angel returned to her former ways?