6. Take a walk in Rebecca’s shoes. How would you have coped with her roles as wife and guardian differently?
7. Gossip, even in a community that is supposed to be Christ-like, can hurt and lead to misunderstanding. Do we do this in our own church communities—judge and gossip about our fellow Christians without considering the consequences?
8. How does Rebecca come to grips with her belief of God’s plan for herself and her family? Have you ever had a time in your life when you were uncertain what God’s plan was for you or a member of your family? Share this with the group.
9. Read and reflect on Hebrews 11:1. How does this verse relate to the story? If so, how? Are you able to relate this verse to your life and experiences?
10. Which character can you identify with the most? Which character seemed to carry the most emotional stake in the story? Was it Jessica, Daniel, Rebecca or Lindsay, or even Sadie or Jake?