Dive in with Rio. More Sunday. Less School.
Rio, a curriculum for first through sixth grade, is a dynamic way to engage kids and their parents in your ministry. Rio emphasizes the relational aspect of faith and seeks to deepen relationships at all levels-leader to child, child to child, child to parent, parent to leader—within the context of a relationship with God. The two-year Scope and Sequence keeps the focus on God and His grand story and character instead of focusing on the individual Bible stories or characters.
- Relational – Rio believes that our faith is a relational one, and that the best way to grow people in the faith is to help them deepen their relationship with God and others. Rio was developed to eliminate relational barriers and to foster the authentic and relevant relationships kids hunger for.
- Intentional—Rio stresses spiritual formation. Children can know a lot about God without ever really knowing God. Every lesson is God-focused, builds Bible study skills, and helps kids understand each Bible story in the context of God’s grand redemptive plan throughout history.
- Overflow—Leaders teaching from the overflow of their own hearts is what Rio is all about. Rio is designed to feed and challenge everyone involved in the experience – both leaders and children.
- Bible Translation: NIV
- Timeframe: 60 minutes, with added activities for more time if necessary.
- Fully Downloadable Weekly Lessons with access to Vidoes, Music, & more resources
- Grades: 1st - 6th (Ages: 6 - 12)
- Early Elementary, Elementary, and PreTeen available
- 2 Year Scope & Sequence
- Format: Classroom Setting
- OnLine Resources: newsletters, training resources, forums, blogs and a toolbox to easily communicate with leaders, families and the church.
RIO Contents Lesson Flow