Bible-based. Culturally relevant. Personally challenging.
Every week, Encounter™ challenges students with an engaging Bible study that helps them underand God, the Bible, Christian doctrine, or a biblical worldview. Students experience lessons in ways that fit their learning styles - through drama, art, games, small group discussions, research or reporting. Students explore what it means to encounter God in their everyday lives.
Each week's lesson follows four easy steps:
- Setting the Stage - students define the week's topic
- Searching the Word - students get into the Bible
- Making it Real - students learn how the topic applies to their world
- Living it Out - students apply the week's topic to their personal lives
Teacher's Convenience Kit Contents
- Bible Translation: NIV
- Timeframe: 60 minutes
- Grades: Jr. High & High School
- Ages: Teens: Young Teen (Grades 7 - 9) & High School (Grades 10 - 12)
- 3 Year Scope & Sequence
- Encountering God's Word: Scripture commentary for teachers at the start of each lesson.
- The Scene: Introduce each lesson with a current news headline connecting Scripture to daily life
- Encounter weekly student take-home magazine and Facebook page.