|BibleWorks 9.0 on DVD-ROM|
CBD Price: $359.00
( In Stock )
This product ships free to addresses in the US!
(Just select Standard or UPS Ground shipping at checkout.)
BibleWorks 9 is the premier original languages Bible software program for Biblical exegesis and research. It comes with Greek, Hebrew, and Septuagint Bibles for your computer, as well as translations in English, German, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and more! For over eighteen years, BibleWorks has satisfied Bible software users around the world.
Let your computer help your exegesis and exposition! BibleWorks is a tightly integrated collection of Bible software tools designed specifically for scholarly analysis of the Bible text. More than a mere Bible search engine, BibleWorks comes with a variety of Bible search tools, lexicons, dictionaries, and morphology analysis resources. For all levels of users, it is suitable for Bible study, sermon preparation, and detailed Bible research.
Whether you’re preparing a sermon, doing complex morphological analysis, or writing a seminary paper, scholars agree that BibleWorks is indispensable. You’ll find everything you need for close exegesis of the original text in its 200+ Bible translations in 40 languages, 40+ original language texts and morphology databases, dozens of lexical-grammatical references, plus a wealth of practical reference works! Instead of providing a loose collection of books, BibleWorks tightly integrates its databases with the most powerful morphology and analysis tools.
As you consider buying a high-end Bible research package, you’ll have to weigh cost, database quality, program features, searching capabilities, and customer support. In every one of these areas, we believe BibleWorks is the best.
- Windows® XP/Vista/7/8
- Minimum 1024x600 display
- Minimum 512 MB RAM
- 1 GB hard drive space free (15 GB for full install)
- DVD-ROM drive
- Internet Explorer® version 7 or higher
- Internet connection for updates
Running BibleWorks on a Mac
There are three options for running BibleWorks on a Mac. See the publisher for more information.
- Using BibleWorks Mac Installer (available separate from BibleWorks)
- In a Virtual Machine
- Using Boot Camp
Please see theTable of Contents above for more information regarding its new features and other updates.
(Items in red are new to Version 9)
Original Language Texts
- 1905 British and Foreign Bible Society Peshitto edition
- The Aramaic New Testament (Peshitta), with the Etheridge (1849), Lewis (1896), Murdock (1851), Norton (1881), and Magiera (2005) English translations
- Leningrad Codex Hebrew Bible, with full accenting & full vowel pointing
- Leningrad Codex Hebrew Bible, transliterated
- Delitzsch Hebrew NT
- Groves-Wheeler Westminster Hebrew Old Testament Morphology database, version 4.14
- Hebrew Accent Extensions to Groves-Wheeler Westminster Hebrew Old Testament Morphology database
- Old Syriac Sinaiticus manuscript
- Old Syriac Curetonian manuscript
- Peshitta, with Syriac and Hebrew letters
- Qumran Sectarian Manuscripts with morphology (locked)
- Salkinson-Ginsburg Hebrew New Testament
- The Targumim, parsed, lemmatized and tied to entries in the Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon. Also included:
- FragTargums with morphology, TgSheniSuppEsther with morphology, TgTosefProphets with morphology
- Psalms Targum (English)
- Rodkinson Babylonian Talmud and Mishnah (English)
- Targum Cairo Geniza with morphology
- Targum Jerusalem on the Pentateuch (English) (Etheridge)
- Targum Neofiti with morphology
- Targum NeofMarginalia with morphology
- Targum Onkelos on the Pentateuch (English) (Etheridge)
- Targum Pseudo Jonathan on the Pentateuch (Etheridge)
- Targum PseudoJonathan with morphology
- Targumim (Mostly Onkelos and Jonathan) with morphology (updated 2005)
- Aletti/Gieniusz/Bushell Morphologically Analyzed Greek New Testament
- Aletti/Gieniusz/Bushell/CATSS Morphologically Analyzed Septuagint
- Apostolic Fathers English translation
- Apostolic Fathers (Greek with Morphological tags by Gieniusz/Bushell)
- Apostolic Fathers Latin
- BibleWorks Manuscript Project: transcriptions and complete images of Sinaiticus, Vaticanus, Alexandrinus, Bezae, Washingtonianus, Boernerianus and GA1141. Morphological tagging is not complete for all manuscripts but updates will be provided free of charge to BibleWorks 9 users as they become available.
- Brenton’s Septuagint English Translation, including Deutero-canonical section
- Center for New Testament Textual Studies [CNTTS] NT Critical Apparatus
- Complete Works of Flavius Josephus, parsed and lemmatized, with the 1828 Whiston English translation and Latin sections, and Loeb Classical Edition versification
- Friberg’s 1999 Morphologically Analyzed Greek New Testament
- Greek Text of the Greek Orthodox Church, updated
- Nestle-Aland 27th Edition/UBS Fourth Edition Greek New Testament
- OT Pseudepigrapha in Greek, morphologically tagged, with English translation
- Rahlfs’ Septuagint, with Apocrypha & variants
- Revised 1904 Patriarchal Orthodox Greek Text using the Byzantine Gothic Text of 350 AD Greek Text of the Greek Orthodox Church (updated)
- Robinson-Pierpont Byzantine text with Robinson 2010 morphology
- Robinson-Pierpont Greek New Testament with Morphological Analysis
- Scriveners Greek New Testament (new proofing) with diacritics, variant readings, and 2010 Robinson morphology
- Stephanus Greek New Testament (Textus Receptus), with Morphological Analysis
- Tischendorf Greek New Testament, with Critical Apparatus
- Tregelles Greek NT, corrected
- Tregelles Greek NT, uncorrected
- Trinitarian Bible Society Greek New Testament (new proofing) with 2010 Robinson morphology
- Von Soden Greek New Testament
- Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament (new proofing) with diacritics, variant readings, and 2010 Robinson morphology
- Works of Philo (Greek Text & Morphology with English translation)
* Modern Greek versions in separate section below
- American Standard Version, 1901
- Bible in Basic English, 1949/64
- Bishop's Bible, 1595
- Brenton’s Septuagint English Translation, without Deutero-canonical section
- Common English Bible, 2011
- Complete Jewish Bible, 1998
- Darby Bible (1884/1890)
- Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition
- English Revised Version, 1881/1885
- English Standard Version, 2007 update
- Geneva Bible, 1599
- GOD’S WORD® Translation, 1995
- Holman Christian Standard Bible, 2nd Edition, 2004
- Hone English NT Apocrypha
- Jewish Publication Society Tanakh, 1917
- Jewish Publication Society Tanakh, 1985
- King James Apocrypha, 1611
- King James, 1611, with Strong's Codes and Geneva Bible notes
- King James, 1611/1769, with Strong's Codes
- MacDonald Idiomatic Translation Bible
- NET Bible with notes and maps, Updated
- New American Bible, revised edition
- New American Standard Bible, 1977, with Codes
- New American Standard Bible, 1995, with Codes
- New International Reader’s Version
- New International Version (UK)
- New International Version 2011 (US), with cross references and footnotes
- New Jerusalem Bible
- New King James Version (1982) Version, with Strong’s Codes
- New Living Translation, 2nd edition, 2005
- New Revised Standard Version with Apocrypha, 1989
- New Testament Peshitta Translation, Etheridge, 1849
- New Testament Peshitta Translation, James Murdock, 1851
- New Testament Peshitta Translation, Lewis, 1896
- New Testament Peshitta Translation, Norton, 1881
- New Testament Peshitta Translation, Magiera, 2005
- Revised Standard Version with Apocrypha, 1952
- Tyndale New Testament, 1534
- Von Soden Greek New Testament
- Webster Bible, 1833
- Revised Webster Update, 1995, with Codes
- Young's Literal Translation, 1862/1898
- Nova Vulgata
- Latin Vulgate (Weber Edition)
- Latin Vulgate (Nova Vulgata)
- Latin Vulgate (Vulgata Clementina 1598 with Glossa Ordinaria notes)
- Latin Vulgate with Whitaker's Words Analysis
- Latin sections from Works of Flavius Josephus
- Online Bible Vulgate Mapped to KJV
- Bible Afrikaans, 1953
- Afrikaans, 1983
- Bulgarian Protestant Version, 1940/1995/2005
- Bulgarian Bible, 1938
- Constantinople (Tzarigrad) Bible, 1871
- Chinese Union Bible, Big5
- Chinese Union Bible, Simplified
- Chinese New Version, Big5
- Chinese New Version, Simplified
- Russian Synodal Text of the Bible with Codes
- Bible 21st Century Translation (B21), 2009
- Bible Kralicka, 1613
- Cesky Ekumenicky preklad, 1985
- Český studijní překlad (CSP), 2009
- Preklad KMS, 1994
- Nova Bible Kralicka, 1998
- Slovo na cestu, 2000
- Danish Bibelen, 1871/1819
- De Hellige Skrifter, 1931
- Wierød Danish New Testament, 1997
- Leidse Vertaling, 1912/1994
- Lutherse Vertaling, 1750/1933/1994
- The Netherlands Bible Society, 1951
- Statenvertaling, 1637, with Codes
- Willibrordvertaling Version, 1978
- Willibrordvertaling Version, 1995
- Finnish Biblia (1776) with Apocrypha
- Raamattu, 1933/1938 käännös
- Bible en français courant, 1997
- Jerusalem Bible
- Haitian Creole Bible
- Louis Segond, 1910, with Strong's Codes
- Nouvelle Édition Genève, 1979, with Codes
- Traduction Œcuménique de la Bible, 1988
- Version Darby, 1885
- Einheitsübersetzung-KBA, 1980
- Elberfelder, Revised, 1993
- Elberfelder, Unrevised, 1905 (Darby)
- Herder Translation (Revised Version 2005)
- Lutherbibel, 1545
- LutherBibel, 1912, with Strong's Codes
- Münchener New Testament, 1998, with Codes
- NeueLuther Bibel, 2009
- Das Neue Testament in deutscher Fassung (Jantzen), 2009
- Schlachter Bible, 1951
- Schlachter Bible, 2000
- Zuercher Bibel, 2nd ed., 2008
- Greek Orthodox Church NT
- Metaglottisis Greek New Testament, 2004
- Modern Greek Bible
- Bahasa Indonesia Sehari-hari
- Terjemahan Baru, 2nd edition, 1974/1997
- San Paolo Edizione, 1995
- La Nuova Diodati, 1991
- La Sacra Biblia Nuova Riveduta, 1994
- Shinkaiyaku Version
- Kogoyaku Version
- 1930 Bokmål
- 1938 Nynorsk
- Norsk Bibel Konkordant, 1988
- Norsk Bibel Nynorsk, 1994
- Biblia Gdanska, 1632
- Biblia Tysiaclecia. Wydanie 4., 1965/84
- New Covenant (Nowe Przymierze) Version, New Testament
- Uwspółcześniona Biblia Gdańska (NT), 2009
- Almeida Revista e Atualizada, 1993
- Almeida Revista e Corrigida, 1969
- Almeida Biblia, 1994
- Corrigida Fiel, 1753/1995
- Modern Language Translation, 2005
- Orthodox Russian Synodal Translation
- Contemporary Russian version, New Testament
- Castilian La Biblia (Herder)
- La Biblia de Las Americas, NASB, 1986
- La Biblia de Nuestro Pueblo
- La Biblia del Peregrino
- Nueva Biblia de los Hispanos
- Nueva Versión Internacional
- Reina-Valera, 1909
- Reina-Valera Actualizada, 1989
- Reina-Valera Gómez
- Reina-Valera Revised, 1960
- Reina-Valera Update, 1995
- Carl XII Bible (1873)
- Svenska 1917
- Svenska Folkbibeln, 1998, updated
- Bibel 82
- Bibel 2000
- Thai Holy Bible, 1971
- Thai King James Version
- Thai Standard Version, 2010
- Cosmades New Testament
- Turkish Bible, 2002
- A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament: Based on the Lexical Work of Ludwig Koehler and Walter Baumgartner (Holladay)
- Beginner’s Grammar of the Greek New Testament (Davis)
- Brown-Driver-Briggs-Gesenius Hebrew-English Lexicon, 1905, unabridged
- Brown-Driver-Briggs-Gesenius Hebrew-English/Hebrew-French/Hebrew-Russian Lexicons (Strong's), abridged
- CATSS/Tov Hebrew-Greek Parallel Aligned Text, updated
- Friberg’s Analytical Lexicon of the Greek New Testament, Complete 2000 edition
- Gesenius’ Hebrew Grammar
- A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew, Revised (Joüon-Muraoka) (no unlock needed)
- Grammar of Septuagint Greek (Conybeare & Stock)
- A Grammar of the Greek New Testament in the Light of Historical Research, 3rd edition (Robertson)
- Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic paradigm charts with Sounds (revised)
- Greek Enchiridion: A Concise Handbook of Grammar and Exegesis (MacDonald)
- Greek Grammar beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament (Wallace) (no unlock needed)
- Greek New Testament Diagrams (Leedy), complete
- A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint, Volumes 1 & 2 (Lust, Eynikel, Hauspie, Chamberlain) (locked, free unlock available for BW7 upgraders)
- Syntactic and Thematic Greek Transcription of the NT (MacDonald)
- An Introduction to Biblical Hebrew Syntax (Waltke & O’Connor) (no unlock needed)
- Introductory Lessons in Aramaic (Eric D. Reymond)
- Liddell-Scott Greek Lexicon, abridged
- Louw-Nida Greek New Testament Lexicon based on Semantic Domains, Second Edition
- Moods and Tenses of New Testament Greek (Burton)
- The Shorter Lexicon of the Greek New Testament, Revised Edition (Gingrich/Danker)
- The Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament (Harris, Archer & Waltke)
- Thayer Greek Lexicon, abridged
- Thayer Greek Lexicon, unabridged
- The Vocabulary of the Greek New Testament Module (J.H. Moulton and G. Milligan) (no unlock needed)
- Wigram’s Tense, Voice, Mood codes for some English, German, Dutch, French and Russian Bibles
- 1689 London Baptist Confession
- Belgic Confession
- Biographical Bible (distinguishes Bible people with same names)
- Canons of Dort
- Charles, Old Testament Pseudepigrapha English translation
- Early Church Fathers
- Easton's Bible Dictionary
- Fausset Bible Dictionary
- Greek NT Vocabulary Sound Files (Schwandt)
- Hebrew Vocabulary Sound Files (Verbruggen)
- Heidelberg Catechism
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1915)
- James, New Testament Apocrypha English translation
- Matthew Henry's Commentary
- Metzger's Bible Outline
- The Moody Atlas of the Bible (Barry J. Beitzel)
- Nave's Topical Index
- New Chain Reference Bible (1934) topics (Thompson)
- New Topical Text Book (Torrey)
- Old Testament Quotations in the New Testament (Archer & Chirichigno)
- Satellite and elevation maps with 1300+ sites
- Synopsis of the Gospels
- Timelines: Biblical, Church, and Secular History
- TEXTKRITIK des Neuen Testaments (Gregory)
- Textual Commentary on the Greek NT (Metzger)
- Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge
- Westminster Confessional Standards (CHM version)
Optional Add-On Modules
The resources below can be unlocked for an additional fee.
The following are now included in BibleWorks 8 & 9, but may be purchased and unlocked for BibleWorks 7:
- Biblical Greek (Zerwick)
- Beginning Biblical Hebrew (Futato)
- Dead Sea Scrolls English Translation Bundle: Biblical and Sectarian Texts
- ESV Study Bible articles, notes, and images
- Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (Balz & Schneider)
- Grammar of Palestinian Jewish Aramaic (Stevenson)
- Greek Grammar of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (Blass, Debrunner & Funk)
- A Greek-English Lexicon, 9th Revised Edition (Liddell, Scott, Jones & McKenzie)
- Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, 3rd Edition (Bauer, Danker, Arndt & Gingrich)
- A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint, Volumes 1 & 2 (Lust, Eynikel, Hauspie, Chamberlain)
- Griechisch-deutsches Taschenwörterbuch zum Neuen Testament, 8th Edition (Preuschen)
- The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament (Koehler, Baumgartner & Stamm)
- New Testament Peshitta Collection
- PONS Kompaktwörterbuch Althebräisch: Althebräisch – Deutsch (Matheus)
- Practical Grammar for Classical Hebrew (Weingreen)
- A Primer of Biblical Greek (Croy)
- Qumran Sectarian Manuscripts
- Reformed Dogmatics (4 volumes) (Herman Bavinck)
- Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine (Wayne Grudem)
- The Text of the Earliest New Testament Greek Manuscripts (Comfort & Barrett)
- Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament, Second Edition (Metzger)(free unlock available for BW7 upgraders)
- Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, Abridged (Kittel, Friedrich & Bromiley)
- UBS Greek-English Concise Dictionary of the New Testament (Barclay M. Newman) (free unlock available for BW7 upgraders)
- A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew, 2006 edition (Paul Joüon, S.J. and Takamitsu Muraoka)
- Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament (Wallace)
- An Introduction to Biblical Hebrew Syntax (Waltke & O’Connor)
- Vocabulary of the Greek New Testament (Moulton & Milligan) (now also available as free BW7 download)
- A wide range of Greek and Hebrew fonts are provided, both Unicode and non-Unicode. The Unicode fonts SBL Greek and SBL Hebrew are included.
- Analysis windows show related lexical and grammatical references for a word or verse, cross references, full browse context, common words, Study Bible notes, critical apparatus sections, full list of word usage with occurrence graphs, etc. as the cursor moves over text.
- Bible texts, dictionaries and lexicons are fully searchable, with many search options.
- Bibliographic information (includes Zotero RDF, Refer-BiblX, BibTeX, and RIS files).
- Comparison tools highlight differences between Bible versions.
- Complete lemmatization and parsing is provided for Greek New Testament, Septuagint and Hebrew Old Testament.
- Copy and paste verse text to other programs customizing text and verse reference format.
- Custom cross-reference databases can be created.
- Custom lexicons can be created, based on words in a particular passage.
- Diagramming module enables users to construct diagrams of any text.
- "Drag & Drop" is supported between BibleWorks and many word processors.
- Editable timelines of church and secular history provide a historical perspective.
- Editor supports Unicode and has a wide range of editing features.
- Extensive search tools for lexical, grammatical, phrase, semantic domain, related verse, key word in context searches. Build search with graphical interface.
- Hebrew and Greek review tools including vocabulary flashcards are available in print, electronic and audio formats, Daily Light in Greek & Hebrew, and more.
- Highlighted text and search results can be saved in mult. sets.
- Learn to use the program with 6 hours of new included videos and a full electronic manual.
- Link manager handles your own links to Internet resources and other Bible software.
- Listen to English Bible text read aloud.
- Manage and browse online and offline books and internet links (ERMIE). Trade catalogs of links.
- Mouse pop-ups show verse text for each resource.
- Mult. copies of BibleWorks may be opened for convenience.
- Mult. views show Bible versions in parallel columns, vertical comparative lines or full context.
- Parallel-Aligned Hebrew and Greek text makes it easy to find Hebrew and Greek equivalents.
- Parsing, lexical information and cross ref. are displayed when cursor moves over tagged Bible text.
- Popup list of morphology codes opens as you enter morphological codes.
- Popup window, with word definition and parsing, is displayed when mouse is held over Greek and Hebrew words.
- Report generator compiles and prints lexical information, morphological analysis, mult. Bible versions, word frequencies and more.
- Satellite maps can be customized with time periods, locations, sites and other notes.
- Search queries and results can be saved and reused.
- Searches can be very broad or limited to selected verses or books.
- Sets of favorite Bible versions can be created, saved and searched.
- Statistics utility allows you to plot, compare and export graphs of search results.
- Synopsis window shows editable parallel gospel accounts.
- Text can be exported to Unicode Hebrew and Greek.
- Verses, chapters, books or entire Bible versions can be exported.
- Word list utility can generate word frequency lists for any range of verses.
- Your own chapter or verse notes load automatically each time you view a verse.
- Your own Bible versions can be created, saved, searched and integrated into BibleWorks.