1. Paige thinks of people as plants she grows in her gardens and treats them accordingly. She does this in a harmless manner, but often in life we attach labels to people the minute we meet them Have you labeled someone and then later discovered you were wrong?
2. How damaging can it be to label others and what can you do to keep from making snap decisions about other people?
3. When Paige was younger and lost both of her parents, she blamed God for that loss and stopped trusting in him to take care of her. When have you stopped trusting in God or maybe never fully trusted Him?
4. Paige not only doesn’t trust God, but she believes that she has to control her life and is resolved to do anything she can to prevent the heartache she faced at the loss of her parents. In what areas of your life were you hurt or disappointed and then decided to rely on yourself to never let this happen again?
5. In Nipped in the Bud, Paige is faced with challenge after challenge, some seemingly insurmountable. Her first reaction is to rely on herself to get through the problem. What kind of trouble does Paige find herself in as a result of depending on herself?
6. How would God have wanted Paige to handle her disappointments and pain?
7. Paige is always in a rush to solve her own problems, never stopping to see if God is with her. When have you rushed ahead?
8. How has that worked for you?
9. Looking back, how would it have been easier if you’d been still and waited for God?
10. When life gets too tough for Paige, she considers running and hiding from her problems. If you’ve run from painful issues in the past, how could you learn to stand firm and face your issue?
11. When Paige finally understands that letting God direct her life is the right thing to do, she still resists putting her trust in him. When have you known the right thing to do and then done the opposite? What were the consequences of that decision?
12. What problem are you facing today, that if you take the time to see God at work and find his comforting presence that the problem will seem less daunting?
13. What three things could you do today to trust God more?