To help you get started, here are 5 Starter Daddy Date Ideas:
1. The Dinner Date: Food + Focused Listening = Daddy Date 101
Choose food she really likes or would like to try, and then just sit back and listen to what she has to say.
2. The Stroll Date: There was a time when you pushed your baby girl around in a stroller, but now allow her to take the lead. Walk around a trail, go to a farmer’s market, feed the ducks at a nearby pond, it might feel like a passive date, but you’ll be surprised at the ROI.
3. The Learning Date: Does she watch “Top Chef”? Sign up for a cooking class. Does she love jewelry? Schedule a session with a gemologist. Starting out clueless and becoming more knowledgeable on a subject together levels the playing field and puts her at ease.
4. The Water Date: With summer upon us, agua makes for a good time with a girl of any age; tubing, waterskiing, swimming, waterparks, whatever – it’s refreshing for your relationship.
5. The Volunteer Date: The perfect twofer: giving time to your daughter while giving back to the community is a good thing for everyone. Ask her to pick a local charity event to volunteer for that is meaningful to her, and pitch in together.