1. The Potluck Club has decided to take on a catering business, and there was plenty of adventure to begin with. Why do you think the club decided to begin their own business? Have you ever started your own business? What was it, and how did it turn out?
2. Evangeline has just returned from her honeymoon and is beginning to build a relationship with her new husband—along with finding out about the new catering business. Her reaction is anything but excitement. Why do you think she feels this way?
3. Lizzie is a full-time wife, mom, caretaker of her mother, and now part of the Potluck Catering business. Attempting to balance everything has become Lizzie’s life, and she soon begins to look for a way to cope with it all. Lizzie turns to a more harmful way to ease her problems. How could Lizzie have dealt with her problems other than with alcohol? How do you cope with the stresses of life?
4. Vonnie is also taking care of her mother and her family in addition to doing the Potluck Catering business. She, however, does not have a very good relationship with her mother and they argue often. How does Vonnie deal with her negative relationship with her mother? Have you ever had a bad relationship with a relative? Have you ever worked to repair it? If so, how?
5. Goldie was very close to her father, and she is devastated over his death. After her father’s death, what secrets does she uncover about her father and her mother? What about the secrets shared by her siblings? How do you think those uncovered secrets will help Goldie as she grieves?