6. Do Jo-Lynn and Evan really love each other or is theirs a marriage of convenience and comfort? Where do you think their marriage went wrong?
7. Why do you think God never allowed Stella and Valentine to come back together?
8. Do you think you could love a child in the way Stella chose to love Bettina? What characteristic of God do you see in the way Stella chose to handle her situation?
9. Why was the discovery of Cottonwood’s secrets so important/devastating to Jo-Lynn?
10. Jo-Lynn felt the issue of “legacy” to be very important. What kind of legacy do you hope to leave?
11. What prejudices have you had to overcome in your life? What sacrifices have you had to make? What secrets have you had to keep?
12. At the end of Things Left Unspoken Jo-Lynn and Evan have reached a compromise of sorts. Describe it from both points of view. Is Evan really the mayor of Cottonwood?