Archaeological Study Bible Features
The Archaeological Study Bible not only gives you the complete text of the Bible, but takes you into its very world, opening your eyes to the historical, cultural, and archaeological meaning, relevance, and depth of the Scriptures. Page by page, the features of this unique study Bible offer astonishing and unprecedented clarity.
- New International Version (NIV)–today’s most read, most trusted translation – gives you an accuracy and ease of understanding you can count on from Genesis to Revelation.
- Full-color interior throughout, a new innovation in a complete study Bible.
- Over 8,000 concise, bottom-of-the-page study notes offer insights into the text as you read it from the standpoint of its relationship to the times, places and circumstances in which it was written. The study notes add further explanation to passages that speak on archaeological or cultural facts included in the Scripture.
- Over 500 articles shed light on ancient creation narratives, the possible location of Eden, cuneiform writings a Ebla, the naming of children, Greek and Roman culture, and scores of other fascinating topics. The articles include the following five categories:
- Archaeological Sites (such as; Hazor, Ugarit, Arad, Ephesus).
- Cultural and Historical Notes (ancient seals and scarabs, perfume and anointing, the missionary journeys of Paul).
- Ancient Peoples and Lands (the Persian empire, the history of Egypt).
- The Reliability of the Bible (the question of the Psalm superscripts, the reliability of Judges, the ending of Mark).
- Ancient Texts and Artifacts (the Mesha Stone, the Prayer of Confession).
- 500 full-color photographs interspersed within articles throughout highlight millennia-old texts and artifacts, ancient weapons of war, ancient children's toys, archaeological sites in the region, other memorabilia of ancient near eastern cultures and civilizations, and a host of other amazing historical, cultural, and archaeological details.
- Detailed book introductions that provide basic, at-a-glance timelines, outlines, and information.
- Detailed charts on pertinent topics.
- In-text color maps that assist the reader in placing the action.
- 16 Page Satellite-Generated Color Map Section
- Subject and feature indexes.
- Words of Christ in red.
- 9-point type.