6. When we encounter the ale boy again, he is living a dangerous life. How has he changed since we first met him in Auralia's Colors? What enables him to live so boldly, and save so many people from peril?
7. How did Jordam change during his first encounters with Auralia in her caves? Why do you suppose the beauty of Auralia's colors affected him so profoundly? What are the most important lessons he learns in this story? What changes in his thinking and behavior?
8. Describe the friendship of Cyndere and Emeriene. Is it a healthy friendship?
9. The beastmen are addicted to the power-enhancing substance called Essence. They seem unable to resist it. What are some things in our own lives that people pursue for certain benefits, only to become enslaved to them? Is there anything in your own life that has a strong hold on you, so that you cannot do without it?
10. Cyndere makes a rash decision to run away from Tilianpurth. What drives her to this? Why does she behave so recklessly? Does Emeriene have a right to be upset with her?
11. What does Cyndere mean when she says that the heart has "only one hand"?
12. Describe the turning point in Jordam's life. What is the most important moment of decision in this story? Why does he make that decision?