5. Why do you think Ruth was so consumed with a need to feel clean?
6. How would you react if a loved one became involved in a church like New Fire?
7. Ruth “unselfishly” donated time, energy, and money to the church, but it only seemed to get her deeper into trouble.
Why do you think she continued to do this?
8. Sometimes Ruth and her daughters believed they saw actual demons (an element inspired from a real-life story).
How do you explain this?
9. How did you feel about Ruth’s role as a wife and mother? Explain.
10. Everyone is subject to some kind of obsession or compulsion. What are yours? And how do you keep them under
11. Ruth had a good friend in Colleen. What would you do if you believed a close friend or relative was experiencing a
serious mental illness?
12. Ultimately, Ruth came to realize that God was not the one who had led her to such dark spiritual places. And while
she welcomed that realization, she still needed psychological treatment and care. Why?