1. What role did each of these characters play in Josie’s life? Aunt Lola, Laurel, Josie’s dad, Grady?
2. How did the attitude of Josie’s father toward her shape the way Josie felt about herself?
3. What characteristics of Grady appealed to Josie?
4. Josie didn’t feel she could live with the guilt of Ian’s sacrifice. What are some things she did to assuage the guilt?
5. How was Ian’s sacrifice like Christ’s? How are Josie’s responses to Ian’s sacrifice similar to our response to Christ’s sacrifice?