The Scofield Study Bible occupies a unique place in the history of modern Christianity—the first publication to combine readily accessible study aids with the text of Scripture, putting together in one place everything readers need to explore and understand the Bible. Large numbers of Christians have long recognized these virtues and have continually chosen Scofield Study Bible in their various editions. Indeed, since it first appeared in 1909, the Scofield has sold millions of copies.
To celebrate its one hundredth anniversary, Oxford is proud to announce a special Centennial Edition, in a limited-edition binding, on sale only for the year 2009. Available in five editions—King James Version, New King James Version, New International Version, New American Standard Bible, and Holman Christian Standard Bible—each volume includes:
- A presentation page for gift giving
- A special essay on the history and influence of the Scofield Bible written by Paul Karleen
- A full-color map section
- An attractive Pacific Duvelle binding
Most important, these volumes boast the features that have made the Scofield so popular for generations of Bible students:
- Cross references that link topics and words together,
- Introductions to the various books of the Bible
- A superb system of chain references
- Concordance, study notes, charts and diagrams
- A subject and a proper name index, and much more.
Read the essay, The Centennial of the Scofield Study Bible 1909-2009, by Paul S. Karleen.