1. Summer Abernathy wakes to find strange men in her bedroom and a gun in her face. What would you do if you awoke to find someone in your house?
2. In the blink of an eye, Summer finds out her husband isn’t who she thought and the last year of her life has been a lie. What did you think of her reaction?
3. Summer felt very betrayed by her husband. He’d lied to her, pulled her into danger and didn’t even warn her, and then wanted her forgiveness. His actions weren’t an accident, they were deliberate. He knew what could happen. Do you think you would be able to forgive someone if they knowingly put you and those you love in danger?
4. When Summer realized the danger she was in, she agreed to stay with David and the protection he afforded her. Do you think this was hard for her? Why do you think she made this decision? Have you ever made a decision that affected someone you love? How have you been affected by the bad decision of another person.
5. How did you feel about Summer’s sister, Marly? Did you understand why behaved the way she did? Did she surprise you in any way? 6. Do you relate to any specific character in the book? Which one and why?
7. Did you have a favorite scene? Which one and why?
8. There were quite a few characters in the story other than the hero and heroine. Is there one in particular that stood out to you? Why? Would you like to hear more about that character? Why?
9. Summer’s faith is strong in the beginning of the book. In fact, she didn’t even realize she was witnessing to her husband when she went about practicing her faith because it was such an integral part of who she is. When you think about your faith, is this what you do? What do you want people to notice about your faith?
10. As a key witness to take down a mob boss, David was forced to lie “for the greater good.” What are your thoughts about the ethics involved? Is lying ever “okay”?
11. What did you think about Olivia and her girls? Do you think she did the right thing in leaving her husband? Why or why not?
12. What’s the one thing about this book that has stuck with you and why?