1) Do you believe Hannah had valid reasons to leave Montana? If so, what were the reasons and why do you think they were reasonable?
2) What responses does Mr. Brunson give to make Hannah believe he is hiding from past problems?
3) Do you think the game warden responded properly to Jake and Hannah’s grizzly problem?
4) Have you or a family member ever experienced a pressure cooker malfunction? If so, describe the experience and the damage.
5) Regarding Jake’s appointment to the Amish ministry, how does his experience differ from what is typically experienced in Protestant churches?
6) Why do you think Mr. Brunson so enjoyed the dinner and time spent with Hannah’s parents?
7) Were Bishop John Nisley’sfears for his new minister’s future well-being groundless?
8) How well does Hannah handle her miscarriage?
9) As Jake’s wife, describe Hannah’s ability to fully accept her new responsibilities and handle the strains of marriage and ministry.
10) How has Hannah’s faith in God’s goodness grown? Do you believe it will continue and become stronger? Why or why not?