1. In the first chapter, we see Elle’s love for art. There’s a line about why she owns a gallery instead of painting. Do you remember what it was? Do you, or someone one you know, pursue a career, relationship or ministry because you feel your real desire in unobtainable?
2. We first met Elle in Sweet Caroline. She was passionate about getting married, even made a plan. How did it turn out? Why?
3. Elle flies to Dallas to look for a house. She and Jeremiah cannot agree on anything. Think of a time where you adamantly disagreed with someone. How did you resolve it? If you haven’t, how can you?
4. Heath McCord moves to the lowcountry to heal and get to know his daughter. Was there a time in your life where a geographic change helped you move on emotionally?
5. Elle discovers she’s not getting married in a very bizarre way. But so often truth is stranger than fiction. Discuss a time when you learned of bad news in a less than ideal way. How did you respond?