Janet Thompson comes from a line of prodigal daughters. Her grandmother was one. Her mother was one. She was one. And then her daughter was one...until Janet took action. In her new book PRAYING FOR YOUR PRODIGAL DAUGHTER, Janet shares her own experience, both as a prodigal daughter and as a mother of one, to provide hope, help and encouragement for parents.
The key to solving the prodigal daughter crisis, Thompson says, is prayer. Thompson prayed for five years straight that her daughter would return, and she did! In each chapter of this come-along-beside-you guide, you will find:
- Stories from praying mothers and prodigal daughters
- Different topics on prayer, living with a prodigal daughter and more
- Parent-to-Parent tips on implementing suggestions
- Excerpts from Thompson's own prayer journal entries regarding her daughter
- A guided prayer
- Family and Support Group discussion questions
- A journaling prompt and space for parents to make their own prayer journal entries
"We can't go back and change the past or the things we wish we had done differently," writes Thompson in the Preface. "But we can impact today and the future. This book is about engaging God through prayer to help us deal with the brokenness in our family and calling on Him to restore our daughter to a right relationship with God and with us."
Also included in the book is "Forty Days of Praying Scripture for Your Daughter" as well as a prayer and praise journal.
"My prayer is that through my and my daughter Kim's prodigal daughter stories, as well as through the stories of the many parents and daughters featured in this book, you'll find hope and purpose in the midst of one of the hardest trials a parent will ever face: not giving up on your prodigal daughter."