1. Who was your favorite character in Finally a Bride? Why?
2. Jack Davis was determined to get a big story so she could land a job in Dallas as a reporter for a large newspaper. She later realizes that she’s been proceeding toward her goal without seeking God’s will on the matter. What makes her finally realize her need to seek God?
3. Name a situation where you’ve moved ahead without asking God’s will first. How did it turn out?
4. If Jack goes to Dallas, she’ll be there alone, without family and friends. How do you think this could cause her to draw closer to God?
5. Jack’s first father was verbally and physically abusive. How did spending her early years in an abusive home affect her as an adult? If you grew up in an abusive home, how does that affect you today?
6. Jack was a rebel of sorts, doing things other females never did, like walking on a rooftop to get her story. What have you done that is out of the norm? Did you learn a specific lesson from it?
7. Both Noah and Carly were good people with bad pasts. Has something you did in your past come back to haunt you later on? How did you deal with it?