1. In Going for Broke, Leia initially gambled as a diversion from her loneliness and the pain of her knee injury. How was she slowly drawn into this addiction and why was it so intoxicating?
2. Leia’s problems began long before she visited a casino. What could she have done to protect herself from the threat of gambling addiction?
3. 2 Corinthians 12:9 says that we are weak, but God is strong. How does God’s power give us the strength we need to overcome our weaknesses?
4. Leia and Ethan were both quick to judge and criticize other people for their failures. How did Leia’s addiction change both of their hearts?
5. Have you or someone you loved ever overcome an addiction? What steps did you take to break free?