|Geometry Teaching Textbooks Kit (Version 2.0)|
Greg Sabouri, Shawn Sabouri
CBD Price: $184.90
( In Stock )
This product ships free to addresses in the US!
(Just select Standard or UPS Ground shipping at checkout.)
Teaching Textbooks Geometry Version 2.0 includes 16 chapters and 110 lessons that teach students the fundamental basics of geometry up through more difficult topics such as coordinate geometry, theorems, properties, and postulates. Chapters cover lines and angles, parallel lines, triangles, quadrilaterals, circles, area, solid geometry, non-Euclidean geometries, and more. Problems modeled on questions found in the SAT/ACT are also included to help prepare students for standardized testing.
This applauded geometry curriculum was written specifically for homeschoolers; because Teaching Textbooks doesn't presuppose a teacher constantly at the student's side, the student chapters feature clear instructions and employ an easy conversational style of writing before transitioning to more proper terminology. Illustrations, examples and graphs have a hand drawn look to them, and problems often use engaging real life illustrations. Not only is the textbook easy to implement, but there are audiovisual lecture, practice, and solution CDs for every chapter, homework and test problem. Definitions, theories and more have their own reference portion in the back of the text.
Teaching Textbooks is designed to have students first read the lesson in the book, then watch the lecture on the CD-ROM, work practice problems that seem difficult (completing them all is not required), watch the CD lectures that explain the practice problems, work the problems in the practice set, and then finally grade the assignment and watch solutions on the CD-ROM for any that were missed. Teaching Textbooks is based on the review method, which has been shown to promote long-term mastery of material.
As soon as the student enters their answers, the digital gradebook automatically grades it. The proofs are done in "fill-in-the-blank" style which also now allows them to be automatically graded as well; students are given a second chance because if they fail, they have the option of watching the step-by-step solution.
The answer key & test bank book provides a textual reference that includes line-listed problem set answers, chapter tests, and chapter test answers.
Now updated, Version 2.0's new feature include:
- Automated grading even on proofs
- A digital gradebook that can manage multiple student accounts and be easily edited by a parent
- Hints and second chance options for many problems
- Animated buddies to cheer the student on
- Reference numbers for each problem so students and parents can see where a problem was
- and more.
This kit includes:
- A 699 page spiral bound softcover textbook
- 12 CD-ROMs that contain lectures, problems, tests, and step-by-step solutions in order of lesson.
- Answer key & Test Bank, 163 pages, softcover.
- A CPU of 133 MHz or faster
- A Windows 98 or later operating system (Windows 8 compatible)
- A 4x CD-ROM drive li>Speakers
- A CPU of 211 MHz or faster
- MAC OS 9.0-10.6
- A 4x CD-ROM drive