1. In the opening scene, Connor is pulled out of bed because of a murder. What would it be like to have a job as a detective or someone who deals with crime on a daily basis? Would you want his job?
2. Connor’s sixteen-year-old daughter seems to be caught in the middle. He loves his job and he loves his daughter. He’s good at his job and kind of lousy at fatherhood. Do you think he should have quit his job to build his relationship with Jenna? Or do you think he had to do what he did? Without quitting his job, could he have done anything differently to rebuild their relationship?
3. Samantha has a love/hate relationship with her job. Have you ever experienced something like this with your job? What did you do about it?
4. Connor is mad at God. He lost his wife, he thinks his daughter hates him, and he’s being thwarted by a serial killer. What do you think of his reaction? How do you think you would react if you were in his shoes? Would you turn away or toward God?
5. Samantha had experienced a terrible tragedy regarding her sister. She was mad at God for a while, but she managed to overcome that and see how big God is. Have you ever had anything in your life that you felt was too big for God? Has your opinion about that changed?