10. Why was Jack so closed to the possibility of God’s help while he looked for a way to keep custody of Joey? Explain your answer.
11. What did Beth mean when she said that God’s will is always accomplished if you ask Him? Can you give an example of this in your life?
12. Wendy Porter was a woman caught up in abuse. Do you know anyone in a similar situation? Why do people stay in harmful relationships?
13. Read 1 Kings, Chapter 3. How does the story of the two mothers relate to the sacrifice Wendy made on behalf of her son? How is the Bible story different?
14. Who was your favorite character in Like Dandelion Dust? Why?
15. Which character are you most like? How?
16. Do you think Molly and Jack would’ve gotten away with their plan? Why or why not?
17. Do you think they would’ve been happy in their new life in the Cayman Islands? Why or why not?
18. What would you do if a judge ordered that one of your children had to be taken away?
19. If you could make any change to the adoption laws in this country, what change would you make? Do you think the current system protects children most of the time, some of the time, or all of the time?
20. What did you learn from reading this novel?