1. Tim and Cynthiaís relationship fell apart when they tried to handle life on their own, outside of the will of God. How should their marriage be different this time around?
2. What made Ruby vulnerable to the teachings and influence of Dr. Simmons?
3. Does spiritual warfare play a part in our daily lives? If so, in what ways?
4. Is it possible for a Christian to become involved in a cult or fall prey to false teachings? Why or why not?
5. Why are Dr. Simmonsís teachings of human perfection and Utopia so attractive? Is that teaching counter to biblical doctrine?
6. What do you think of Chinaís approach to witnessing?
7. John, Alan, and Robbie put aside their professional responsibilities to help Tim and Ruby. Is this unscriptural? Can you think of an example in the Bible of someone doing the same thing? What would you do in the same circumstance?
8. What excuse did Tim use to reject the Christian upbringing his father spent so many years trying to impart to him? Have you ever known someone who used the same excuse? Could there be another underlying reason?
9. Is it possible for someone to be raised in a Christian home yet still not follow God? Why or why not?
10. John, Tim, and the rest of the law enforcement officers had to fire their weapons to defend themselves during the rescue mission at the Higher Learning Center. Should a Christian ever use physical force to defend himself or others? What about Christian police officers and military personnel?