6. DeDe and Millie faced new job challenges. DeDe needed different strategies and Millie had to enter the computer world. Does your job require you to rethink some things? Are you closed to new ideas or do you insist on doing things the way you have always done them? Can you think of ways you might stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone?
7. Lydia struggled with fear on many levels and finally surrendered them to the Lord. Do fears plague you? Have you taken them to the Lord? How has He helped you?
8. Though Millie had not accepted Christ into her life by the end of the story, her girlfriends have planted the seeds. Did a friend tell you about the Lord? How did you react? If you have accepted Him into your life, have you told another friend about your experience? Have you led them to the Lord? If you have not accepted Him into your life, what are you waiting for?
9. DeDe, Lydia and Millie had their occasional riffs but all in all they had a great journey together. Can you think of friends who have made your journey through life easier? Have you ever told them how much you appreciate them? In what ways did you let them know? If not, what can you do to show them?
10. Friends are among God’s greatest blessings to us. It’s a blessing to not only have friends, but to be a friend. Are you a friend to others? What are some ways you can be a better friend than you have been in the past?
11. DeDe, Lydia and Millie had been friends for years. At one point their contact had dwindled down to an annual Christmas card. Do you have friends in your life who have meant so much, but with whom you have lost contact? Can you think of steps you might take to renew those relationships? What are they?
12. DeDe didn’t always have the best attitude. Do you ever have days like that? What do you do? Lock yourself in a padded cell? Eat chocolate? Go shopping? What might you do the next time?
13. Life is a journey filled with road blocks, detours, breakdowns and wrong turns. Still, DeDe, Lydia and Millie found the journey was sweeter with friends. Who are the people in your life who help you through the difficulties of life? Who are the people you help through life’s struggles?
14. Sometimes the vehicle in which we travel isn’t all we had hoped it would be. Think Waldo the aging RV. What are some ways we can come to terms with our changing bodies?
15. Are you satisfied with the road you’ve taken up to now? Do you wish you had traveled another way? Just as DeDe, Lydia and Millie discovered, it’s never too late to start over. The choice is yours. You can go it alone, or make the journey with the Friend who sticks closer than a brother. What will you do?